An explanation of the title of this blog...

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Decluttering

A friend is trying to declutter her house, and found inspiration on Swapbot to "Get rid of 100 items in 10 days". It sounds like a good idea, and this house certainly needs a little gentle tidying, so I thought I would give it a try. Throughout the month of February, I shall try to remove 10 items a day, for at least ten days of the month. To make the challenge a little more difficult, I shall only remove each group of ten from one particular room at a time. I have ten rooms on this floor, so if I make it through each of them, I can always start downstairs as well.

The rules of the game say that things removed can be taken to a charity shop, jumble sale, sold in a car boot sale, taken to a recycling point, composted or just plain binned.

My friend Chris posted pictures of her discards on Flickr. I think I'll post here, then I will be more inclined to really throw things away, knowing that eagle-eyed visitors will be checking up on me the next time they visit.

Watch this space....

2 comments:

  1. how do you calculate 10 rooms, i can only count 8?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two bathrooms, three nominal bedrooms,living room, kitchen, snug must be the eight you have counted. I have added the hall cupboard as a room, seeing as it is big enough to walk into and contains a free standing wardrobe, not to mention the shelves and boxes, and my tenth room is the hallway. I am sure I can find more than ten articles lurking on the lower shelf of the trolley, not to mention the stacks of magazines underneath it.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and remember that anyone without a sense of humour is at the mercy of the rest of us...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.