An explanation of the title of this blog...

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Combined clear-out

I need to clear 30 items today to get me up to date, and the plan was to take 10 per area. I was pretty sure that the trolley in the hallway would provide rich pickings, and I was correct. Add to that just one box from the storage 'closet' and I had more than enough.
Top row: A carrier bag full of Swiss holiday bumf, a couple of letters from 2002, an empty sweet tin, and 15 dressmaking pattern books.
Middle row: 2 cat blankets, a mouse mat and wrist rest, the packaging from a CD player kept in case it didn't survive its 3 year guarantee period, a 1995 road map book of Spain, and a Bodum caffetierre box containing odd candle holders and candle ends.
Bottom row: A stray piece of slightly crumbly foam, 2 sets of wooden splints, a package containing 8 webbing splint straps, 2 rubber turniquets and 4 glassless picture frames.
Quite a good haul, you must agree.

I had intended to clear out Bracket's collection of pointy acorns, conkers and wing nuts if I couldn't meet my target, but as you can see, he is still a happy hoarder.

2 comments:

  1. I am very proud of you! I know how difficult you find it to get rid of anything that might possibly be useful. Since I have been married to a man who longs to live in an empty white box with no posessions I have learnt to be a little more ruthless and ask myself "what is the worst thing that could possibly happen if I threw/gave this away?" The answer is never one that allows me keep whatever it is that I am trying to throw/give away. You have spurred me on to join the game and I am going to get rid of ten things from each room in our house too. Twelve rooms if you include the boiler house and out-buildings! I have a problem getting rid of things that people have given to me, but have decided that they will probably not stop loving me just because I have passed the gift on. There are a pile of christmas gifts dotted around that I really don't want/need. The best christmas present I received was a pair of pigs for a family in some far away country, the certificate that came in the card to tell me was even useful, it helped to light the fire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:26 am

    Great work.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and remember that anyone without a sense of humour is at the mercy of the rest of us...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.