An explanation of the title of this blog...

Sunday, April 06, 2008

More purple than blue



The clematis has changed from dead twigs to glory in the last few days. As you can see, it grows in a pot, and is on the north side of the house in the shelter of an overhanging balcony, otherwise it would not survive a Spanish Summer. For years, the surface of the pot used to be covered in blue pansies, and the door paint was a perfect colour match, but for some reason, the blackbirds have decided that the pot is a good source of food, and dig around ferociously, flinging lumps of compost in all directions, so the pansies are no more. I hope they are eating the slugs that have been nibbling away at the clematis flowers...

7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful colour and it looks wonderful against the door. No sign of our clematis yet but then we had our first snow of winter today!! Bonkers!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredible colour - looks wonderful Totty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a PASSION for blue flowers and my most favourite flowers in the world are blue delphiniums and gentians....

    Ive popped over from flowerpots blob.. and will be back to scroll down and read more :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Totty - thanks for the comments about the gallinas.

    I adore your clematis - I have feeble buganvilla (can't remember how to spell it in english or spanish) outside my front door but it keeps falling over.

    I feel some clematis coming along somewhere outside my house after seeing this.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, do have a go with the clematis...it seems to like being pot bound. I am tempted to re-pot it each year, but have decided that replacing what the blackbirds displace with fresh compost is good enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my these are so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love these flowers so cherry and bright.. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very gorgeous clematis! I had never seen such a blue. My m-i-l has purple clematis, but they are dull compared to the color of yours. Are most of the flowers which flourish in Spain blue? (Dumb question, I supposed.) KR

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, and remember that anyone without a sense of humour is at the mercy of the rest of us...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.