An explanation of the title of this blog...

Friday, April 10, 2009

...now that April's here...






...there are more flowers popping up in The Bottom. This group all have what I call pea flowers, and range in colour from pale pink of the anthyllis, or is it a trifolium? through yellow, to orangey red. Most are low growing, but the orangey red vetch (not as pink as it appears here) is about 30cm high. I have just realised I haven't included the yellow broom that has seeded itself around the boundary (and invaded next door's gravel drive last year), but my camera battery is on re-charge, so that will have to wait. I did have a wonderfully honey-scented gorse as well, but Ivan the Barbarian dug it out..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and remember that anyone without a sense of humour is at the mercy of the rest of us...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.