An explanation of the title of this blog...

Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Touch of Pink...Again


I have now found more clumps of the Centaurium, and the Convulvulus is much more in evidence than it was when I made this post. I have also found another Silene, much taller and with darker pink flowers than this one, that is quite widespread in the lower left hand corner. It has a much plumper bladder than the earlier one, and the petals seem to curl up on themselves almost as soon as they open; at least I haven't been able to catch them in any other position! Googling around, I came across Silene nocturna, which doesn't open its flowers until just before sunset, so maybe I shall tootle down to have a look then.

I suppose this Knapweed is closer to purple than pink, but it can hold its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, and remember that anyone without a sense of humour is at the mercy of the rest of us...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.