An explanation of the title of this blog...

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Into the unknown...

...well unknown until I get my act together and identify them.

I think this is Teucrium pseudochamaepitys but I am not sure.

This big clump of white is a bit of a mystery. It has tiny leaves like a thyme, very widely spaced on thin stems. The flowers are similar in structure to thyme but the plant doesn't have any smell when crushed.

This little plant with tiny mauve flowers is quite widespread, but the flowers are only about 3mm across. I suppose I should have something in the picture to give a sense of scale. I'll try to remember next time I go out with the camera.

1 comment:

Welcome, and remember that anyone without a sense of humour is at the mercy of the rest of us...

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.